The team at BeLLCORP Accountants pride themselves on their value-add approach. We aren’t simply a team of accountants, we are your trusted advisor, here to help you on the path to brilliance be it in business or personally.
How do we add value? We don’t narrow our focus on accounting and tax only. Last week we completed the essential workplace update hosted through the NSW Business Chamber.
Some of the key takeaways for our clients include:
- The role of employment contracts in work places where Awards don’t apply, such as lawyers and accountants.
- Important items to be included in an employment contract, often overlooked, are notice of termination provisions and compliant workplace surveillance clauses.
- Know the relevant Award that covers your employees and check it regularly. Awards are constantly reviewed and updated.
- Company policies should be lawful and reasonable in their terms, as well as practicable and meaningful.
- The key policies a business should have include Code of Conduct, Information Technology Policy, Discrimination, Harassment & Bullying Policy, Social Media Policy, Drugs & Alcohol Policy. This list is not exhaustive.
- A Fair Work Information Statement must be given to new employees before commencement or ASAP after they start.
- Pay slips must contain a certain level of detail and be given to employees within one working day.
If you are a member of a local business chamber you can access similar workplace updates online. We encourage you to check it out!