|Stage 2 of accessing the JobKeeper Payment is now live on the ATO online platforms. |
If you are an employer, sole trader or an eligible business participant, we recommend you read on to hear the latest important info.
If you have identified your eligible employees through your STP enabled software, you still need to complete information online with the ATO.
Log in to the Business Portal using myGovID. View the COVID-19 screen and select Step 2 Identify and maintain employees eligible for JobKeeper wage subsidies.
Select the month you are identifying eligible employees to claim for. You could be identifying eligible employees for payments made in April or May 2020.
Confirm your eligible business participant details if applicable:
– Select No if you are not confirming an eligible business participant.
– Select Yes if you want to identify an eligible business participant – your details will automatically prefill if you identified an eligible business participant when you enrolled, or:
– Enter the eligible business participant’s tax file number (TFN) and date of birth.
– Select Confirm then Save.
– Select the JobKeeper fortnights (FN) that you’re claiming for the eligible business participant.
Confirm your number of eligible employee details:
– The number of eligible employees is prefilled based on your lodged STP pay report.
– Check the number is correct or edit the number to reflect the correct number of eligible employees for each JobKeeper fortnight.
Next , you’ll need to make your monthly business declaration. In the portal, view the COVID-19 screen and select Step 3 Business monthly declaration for JobKeeper payment. Here you’ll provide your business’ current and projected GST turnover, reconfirm your eligible employees and reconfirm your contact and financial institution details to receive payments.
Sole Traders with no employees
(Or eligible business participants of trusts and companies)
If you are a sole trader with no employees, log into ATO online services through myGov, or log into the Business Portal using myGovID.
View the COVID-19 screen and select Step 2 Identify and maintain employees eligible for JobKeeper wage subsidies.
Fill in the JobKeeper enrollment form by confirming the required fields including identifying the business participant (yourself) with your TFN and DOB, and selecting the fortnights you wish to claim the JobKeeper payment for. Click no to add eligible employees at item 2 Number of employees.
Then move to Step 3 Business monthly declaration for JobKeeper payment and provide your business’ current and projected GST turnover, reconfirm your eligible employees and reconfirm your contact and financial institution details to receive payments.